Saturday, May 3, 2014

Old 97's New Record


It's not often that I do a record review as I find most of them are boring and I am just not good at it. But after listening to this album I had to say something. I am talking about the new album by a band called Old 97's out of Dallas, Texas. A band I have yet to see in concert, damn it!!! Anyways, this is their tenth album, an album called "Most Messed Up" and wow, this one ass kickin' fuckin' record. From the opening track "Longer Then You've Been Alive" (this is one of the best opening songs for an album I have heard in a while, if not ever) to the closing track "Most Messed Up" this album rocks from start to finish. This is the fourth album of theirs that I have bought and have to say this is my favorite. Go to your local record shop and be sure to pick this one up. This album is stupid good!!!

Sometimes you can tell just by the song titles that this will be some tunes you will dig. This is one of them for me.

Opening song of album.


Closing song of album.


Have to say it is not often that I listen to the same album 3 times in a row, but I jus' dun' did er'!!! Favorite lyrics from the album " twenty good years of about twenty-five".

2 comments:

  1. I was lucky enough to see these guys in Calgary about 5 years (?) ago. They were brought in for the Stampede. After being a fan for some many years, it was great to finally see them live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you, I SO need to see them live.

    ReplyDelete