Sunday, December 21, 2014

Chuck Ragan Live in Edmonton Dec.19th 2014


On Friday night I went to the sold out show at the Pawn Shop of Chuck Ragan, Seth Anderson and Kandle and the Crooks. This was my first time seeing all of these bands.

First up on the night was Kandle & The Crooks. The band is fronted by Kandle Osborne whi hails from Victoria, B.C. but now based in Montreal. I wasn't fond of the band. I found their music to be slow and depressing. Not a fan.

Kandle and the Krooks.

Next up was Seth Anderson who is based in Toronto now. His brand of folk rock was really good. I quite enjoyed his set and would definitely go see him again. A great choice for an opener on this bill. Chuck Ragan came out and played harmonica on one song with Seth. Good stuff.

Seth Anderson.

Headliner of the evening was Chuck Ragan who also plays in the hardcore band Hot Water Music. This was my first time seeing him play solo. This leg of the tour the Winter Haul Canadian Tour were his last shows of the year, the Edmonton show being the second last. He is out touring in support of his fourth and latest solo album Till Midnight.

His two hour show was amazing. I thought I knew his music good, I had nothing on this crowd. I would say at least seventy percent of the crowd were singing along word for word with him and sometimes with Chuck even letting the audience just sing the song for him. Chuck Ragan has a rough whiskey soaked kind of voice which suit his songs great. He makes me think of what it would have been like to see Bruce Springsteen when he first started and played solo shows in New Jersey in dingy bars and such. An absolute killer show. Good times!!!

Chuck Ragan.

T-shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment