Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Favorite Records of 2014 (Andrew Jackson Jihad)


Another album I really liked this year was the fifth studio album by a band from Phoenix, Arizona called Andrew Jackson Jihad, the album is called Christmas Island that came out in May on SideOneDummy Records. I had never heard of this band til earlier this year. After reading a few reviews I thought I need to hear this band. I'm glad I took the chance on them as they are very entertaining. They are a hard band to categorize, they mix folk, punk, rock and just plain weirdness. Checkout a sampling of some lyrics from their album. If your a fan of Ween, you would probably like these guys.

"And out the corner of my eye
Coming out from the teeth-filled sky
With eyes as red as a dog’s asshole when you see it shitting
"

"I fell into a coffin full of orphans
They all had been slaughtered by a website-making man
With music in his heart
"

"Getting naked and playing with guns
There’s a gerbil in the microwave, a baseball bat in everyone
"

"And we’ll show the neighbor kid what our love actually means
He’s here from out of town and I heard he’s got A.D.D.
We’ll climb the tallest branch with a rifle full of dreams.
And we’ll blow the little dickhead up to smithereens
"

"I’ve gotta drink more if I wanna catch a buzz
The older I get, the more articulate I am at whining
"

I really wish I had seen them play here when they came through town, they even did a in-store performance at Permanent Records, but it was on a weekday afternoon.

A fun record worth looking into. I now have all their records. Good stuff!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment