Saturday, January 3, 2015

Sex, Drugs, Ratt & Roll: My Life In Rock - Book Review


Just finished reading the book Sex,Drugs, Ratt & Roll: My Life In Rock by Stephen Pearcy of Ratt. I was never a fan of the band Ratt when I was a teen during there hey days of the 80's, but figured this would be an interesting read as I love reading about the glam scene of Hollywood's Sunset Strip back in the day.

And as the title suggests, it's all about sex, drugs and rock n' roll. These guys did alright with the sex and rugs that's for sure. Some good stories here about hanging with the guys from Van Halen, Motley Crue, WASP among others. I even learned that Jake E Lee who played with Ozzy for a while had a stint in Ratt before they got big, didn't know that. Also that Stephen had broke both his legs in a skateboard accident when he was hit by a car as a teen. That is when he really started to get into music.

What blows me away about these glam bands of this scene is how they went from playing the Strip to touring the world in first class buses. It wasn't like nowadays where bands tour the country in vans logging many miles playing shit holes waiting for there big break. Seems like back then if you were big in LA, you got signed to a major label and away you went. Lot different these days.

I found the book to be a quick read and entertaining.

Thanks Cuz for lending me this book. I enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment